by Bukola Oriola
Experts have shown that the human body is made up of 60 percent of water. This literally means that more than half of the body is water. Therefore, the body’s life wire is maintained by water. Therefore water plays a great role in maintaining a healthy hair.
The number of glasses of daily water intake depends on your daily activity and diet. Some experts recommend eight glasses of water while others believe that your body gets water, not only from the drinking water, but other sources such as fruits. Also, someone who engages in daily exercise or other active duties may need more water intake than a person who does not.
However, water is not only needed to hydrate your body, it provides protein to help your hair grow healthy.
Advantages of water for your hair
1. Provides energy to the cells that promotes hair growth
2. Activates the nerve endings and sensors in the scalp and skin
3. Enhances the natural vitality of the skin and hair roots
4. Acts as antioxidant thereby helping the brain cells to get rid of excess hydrogen ions produced by hydrolysis and maintain an alkaline environment
5. Eliminates hair problems such as dandruff and hair loss
Hair finder: http://www.hairfinder.com/articles2005/hairdiet.htm
Hair Boutique: http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip211301.htm
Mature Natural Weblog:http://maturenatural.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/is-your-water-intake-affecting-your-hair-health/
Super Hair: http://www.super-hair.net/hair-water.html